- Hair washed and styled. ⁄ I made a valiant effort but my straighteners are hiding. Now all I can do is hope it behaves.
- Clothes chosen and laid out. √
- Researched company. ⁄ They’re a big company and their website is an information overload but I’ve been cramming and I’m getting there.
- Re-read job description and person specification. √ Job description took some interpreting but I’ve got it now.
- Thought of answers to common questions. ⁄ In my head but not out loud. Still, I do have thoughts and that’s the main thing. And they always ask you something crazy you weren’t expecting. Like that one about my mother. Did I tell you guys about that? Completely threw me.
- Planned journey. √
- Two copies of CVs printed to take in. √
In other news, I overheard something depressing in the Jobcentre today: the woman signing on before me, who looked close to retirement age and had some problems with mobility, said that going to the Jobcentre was her ‘day out’.
* * *
The interview went well! I’ll know within a fortnight, so wish me luck.